Monday, February 20, 2017

Layne Damaged .chapter 2.

Chapter 2

We were finally in Little Rock and John took over driving. I felt very awake and I felt adrenaline. That’s all I felt – not even anxiety, not anything but a rush. John was yammering non-stop, pissing me off. We pulled over to get gas again and he put his arm around me.
“This is going to be so awesome! I’ve never seen mountains up close.”
This was rather true because Louisiana is flat and we were suddenly surrounded by rocks. Big ones. John got out of the car to use the gas pump and I felt a familiar surge of impulse, and I felt that my... panties were wet? John did that? I thought, “ That better be a onetime thing…fuck. No urges towards the gay guy…nope.” As I quietly urged my body not to be so rude, I scrolled through my texts, and I had no new messages. What a shocker.
Putting that wet thought out of my mind, I walked with John into the gas station. The air was warm but not weighing me down like it did back home. I paid little attention to the scenery and more attention to the prey. There was no way I’d do it at this gas station, but the people walking around me moving like sheep, so stupid. I wonder what Bow Peep did to her sheep. How alarming, indeed.
“I want cookies, but I’ll get fat. Bananas are fattening too…” I speculated while gazing around.
“So? You’re small, eat something.” John stared at a bottle of Crown Royal out of the corner of his eye. Oh, I knew it…John was going to get alcohol regardless of age or drunk driving laws. John came across as sweet, as did I, but he was a kleptomaniac. That wasn’t something I felt compelled to do, although I would steal if I felt like it and fancied a new lip-gloss. John always managed to randomly have new toys when he had no money. I walked away towards the women's bathroom, taking my cue to not get in the way. I needed to fix that issue he caused me to have below the belt anyhow.
I picked the stall far from the door after hastily checking for feet in the stalls, unbuttoned my jeans and leaned against the wall. He better not get caught, I thought. He’s good at it…Not even when he stole that lug-wrench. He never asked me why I needed him to steal a lug wrench...he never gets caught…I’ll never get caught!
I walked out of the bathroom calmly. John, I saw through the window, was already waiting by the car for me. I left the store, buying nothing, but smirking at the cashier as he eyed me pushing through the door.
“You look all red,” John told me as I walked towards the passengers’ door. A bottle of crown was popping out of my purse. “And by the way, I got us a present.”
“It’s hot,” I said quickly. We got in, and John drove quickly away from the gas station and back onto the scenic highway. It was all going up, I thought as I blasted music and held my hand out the window, John completely rolling down his own window, singing loudly. We sang so loudly into the heat of the asphalt and the summer that I thought we might overheat and explode at any moment.
I opened up the bottle and even the Crown burned all the way down, and I passed it to John. I loved it.
“Only one sip while you're driving,” I said over the music. “Thief.” He nodded and handed it back to me. Another sip.
“You know you love it.”
My eyes widened, but I smiled. He wasn't wrong. The beat picked up and we weren't stoppable.

Layne

1 comment: